I didn’t read every book on my 2011 Book List. Fail! But I did learn a few lessons:
1. Don’t put books on the Book List that you aren’t interested in reading but just want to check off your list.
2. Do make somewhat of a schedule for reading so that in December, you aren’t left with 11 books to read.
With that being said, I have read some very good books. I did book reviews on some. It is my 2012 goal to read many more books (that I am very interested in) and to write book reviews on all of them. I will probably fail at that too, but maybe not. I am learning how to better manage my time.
Here is my 2011 Book List with the reviews that I did write, in case you are interested in putting any of these on your list for next year. (The books that aren’t crossed off are the ones that I am still working on and hope to have done by the New Year… I’m halfway through the last four… I can do it!)
The Prodigal God Tim Keller
- Discipline, the Glad Surrender Elisabeth Elliot
- Escape from Reason Francis Schaeffer
Humility C.J. MahaneyREVIEW A Chance To Die Biography of Amy Carmichael by Elisabeth ElliotREVIEW
- They Found the Secret V. Raymond Edmond
Reason for God Tim KellerREVIEW Church Planter Darrin Patrick Herbal Antibiotics Stephen Harrod Buhner Never Be Sick Again Raymond Francis and Kester Cotton The Raw Truth Jordin Rubin (Free PDF download!) Shopping for Time Carolyn Mahaney The Well-Trained Mind Susan Bauer The Privilege Kay Smith Crazy Love Francis ChanREVIEW Cure Tooth Decay Ramiel Nagel
- Raising Godly Tomatoes L. Elizabeth Krueger (Free download, chapter by chapter)
The Way They Learn Cynthia Ulrich Tobias Treasuring God In Our Traditions Noel Piper (free download HERE)REVIEW Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came To Die John Piper (free download HERE) God is the Gospel John Piper (free download HERE) Chosen by God R.C. Sproul Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor Dr. and Mrs. Howard TaylorREVIEW For the City Darrin Patrick & Matt Carter Cultivating a Life for God Neil Cole A Stolen Life: A Memoir Jaycee Duggard