This one’s for the kids! My 4-year old couldn’t wait to bite the heads off of them. Yes, he is a boy.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 8 raisins/dark chocolate/carob chips
- 4 cashews
Peel bananas. Spread almond butter over the entire banana and roll in the coconut. Cut in half to make 4 caterpillars. Add 2 raisin “eyes” and one cashew “smile” to each one.
We don’t often think of ice cream as a nourishing food… but it can be! Healthy fats, no refined sugar or artificial anything and you have a recipe that you don’t have to be guilty about!
RAW PINA COLADA ICE CREAM
- 4 oz. raw coconut cream
- 4 oz. raw coconut water
- 1/2 – 1 C pineapple (fresh pineapple cut into chunks. You could also use pineapple juice if you want the flavor without the pulp of the pineapple.)
- 1 raw egg yolk (optional… but greatly adding to the nutritional value!)
- 1-2 T raw honey (real maple syrup works, too, but isn’t truly raw)
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pour into a bowl or porcelain baking dish. Cover and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours. You can also put the blended mixture into an ice cream maker and then in the freezer to harden up.
Makes 2 servings.